5 ways to become better - Atul Gawande
From his book "Better" here are 5 ways to become a "positive deviant" and better doctor:
1. Ask an unscripted question - in other words take a human interest in the often inhumane world of medicine.
2. Don't complain" - in other words suck it up and try and keep cheerful.
3. Count something - audit/research - take an interest in the science no matter how rough and ready.
4. Write something - explain your findings/thoughts to yourself and others.
5. Change - adopt new techniques. Avoid dogma. Then assess the change.
It's a good book. Very american. But good. Get it here
14° Partly Cloudy